Skip to content
Eat Smart Recipe - Artichoke Pesto
- 1 package of pasta
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. Umeboshi vinegar
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, blend the cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, walnuts olive oil, and Umeboshi vinegar in a food processor. Pour into a large bowl.
- Gently stir in chopped artichokes.
- Mix the pesto with the cooked pasta and serve!