Pie Crust (makes 2):
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp ice water
- 3-10 oz packages frozen spinach (thawed, water squeezed out)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb block feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tbsp dried parsley)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dill
- Stir flour and salt together. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil and water until
- creamy. Add flour and stir with a fork to combine.
- Divide dough into two. Swipe your counter with a wet washcloth and place a 12-in square of waxed paper on top. Place the ball of dough on top and cover with a second 12-in piece of waxed paper.
- Roll out the dough between the waxed papers into a circle slightly bigger than your pie plate.
- Remove the top sheet of waxed paper and invert the dough over the pie pan; peel off bottom paper. If pre-baking the crust, prick the entire surface with a fork.
- Sauté green onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
- Mix all ingredients together. Pour into pie crust.
- Cover with top crust. Slash for slits. Put on crust shield and bake for 45 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove pie shield for the last 15 mintues.Yield: Serves 12
Per serving: calories 365, fat 28g, sodium 659mg, protein 11g