Skip to content
Eat Smart Recipe - Kidney Bean Burgers
- 1 cup dried red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped herbs like parsley, oregano, garlic, shallots, or a mix.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Add the beans to a pot with 3 cups of water and bring slowly to a boil.
- Simmer for 90 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from heat and drain beans, saving the “bean water”.
- In a skillet on low heat, mix the herbs and olive oil and heat.
- Add beans and lemon juice and mash with a fork.
- When the beans reach an even consistency, add bean water and continue cooking over very low heat until all water has evaporated.
- Form into patties and serve hot or cold.