- 1 15-oz can beans, drained and rinsed (or dried beans, soaked and rinsed)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tsp dried basil (or 2 tbsp fresh basil)
- 1/2 package pasta
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Boil beans until they are tender.
- Add cut carrots and green beans with pod to the water and beans, boil for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and boil for another 15 minutes. Then, add zucchini and a whole tomato, boil for 5 minutes and then smash the tomato and remove the skin.
- Add garlic, basil, olive oil, and pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente.
Yield: Serves 4