Skip to content
Eat Smart Recipe - Squash and Bean Soup
- 1 (15 oz.) can navy beans undrained, or 1 pound dried beans, cooked
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 lbs Hubbard, butternut, or other hard yellow squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint unsweetened coconut milk (light)
- pepper to taste
- 1 dollop tofu cream (optional)
- Cook squash in oil in covered pan over low heat.
- Put both beans and squash through food processor or potato ricer, and return puree to vegetable stock.
- Add milk, season with pepper and serve very hot.