- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 large squash
- 1 avocado
- 4 T olive oil
- hot sauce of your choice
- dash of salt
Slow Food Way
- Soak beans over night, rinse thoroughly and boil (add laurel or garlic if desired) for 50 minutes.
- Peel and seed squash, dice into half-inch cubes and toss lightly in olive oil.
- Place the squash on a cookie sheet and bake 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Serve all hot ingredients together. Top with sliced avocado with a dash of hot sauce.
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 pouch of precooked brown rice (available at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 bag of seeded, peeled and cubed squash, tossed lightly in olive oil
- Microwave all ingredients in separate bowl until hot.
- Serve together. Top with sliced avocado with a dash of hot sauce.