1/2 cup Frozen corn
1/2 cup Green cabbage
2 1/2 cups Kale
1/4 cup + 1 1/4 tbsp Low-sodium salsa
1/4 can No-salt canned black beans
2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- Rinse all the produce. Rip the kale leaves off by hand into small, bite-sized chunks. Dice the stems. Steam the stems and the leaves for just a couple minutes, until lightly wilted.
- Heat the corn until room temperature. Dice the red pepper and mix it in with the corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dice the green cabbage into small strips. Cut the avocado lengthwise around the pit. Twist to open. Cube the avocado.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add the steamed kale to a serving bowl. Pile on the rice, beans, and veggies. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and optional ingredients on top. Add salt and pepper to taste with a scoop of salsa.
- Serve together with brown rice. Enjoy!