Olive oil to taste
2 thick slices of sourdough bread
Hummus to taste
Sliced avocado to taste
A few pieces of thinly sliced cucumber or radish (for crunch!)
Small handful of peeled and grated beet
Small handful of grated carrot
1 small tomato (preferably heirloom), sliced
Handful of your favorite salad greens
Salt and black pepper to taste
Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Drizzle the olive oil on the bread, then toast in the oven on one side.
- Spread the hummus on the untoasted side of the bread.
- Layer on the veggies and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, then close your sandwich.
- Welcome to the world of delicious raw beets.